The CCAC publishes policy statements that establish the ground rules and basic requirements for each institutional program within the Canadian system of oversight of animal care and use.
General Policy Statements for Animal Use in Science
- categories of invasiveness in animal experiments
- ethics of animal investigation
- pedagogical merit of live animal-based teaching and training
- social and behavioral requirements of experimental animals
Policy Statements for Institutional Animal Care and Use Programs
- animal-based projects involving two or more institutions
- scientific merit and ethical review of animal-based research
- senior administrators responsible for animal care and use programs
- terms of reference for animal care committees
Policy Statements Governing the CCAC Assessment and Certification Program
- certification of animal ethics and care programs
- recommendations made in CCAC assessment reports
Policy Statements to be Reviewed and Updated
Some hyperlinks within these documents may no longer be valid. Please contact us at if details are required.